Tuesday, June 24, 2014

A Quick Update

Although I did get more sleep last night than I have since I started sleeping outside on the sidewalk, I'm still not caught up with the amount of sleep I need.  I'm still getting the nods, falling asleep at the keyboard.  When there are no crazies running around my street it's usually quiet and I get more sleep. Thing is I can't help it if someone schizo has a late night episode, and begins ranting and raving.

I ran out of money early this month due to some previous financial obligations, and I really must thank the people who came forward in the last week or so and donated to my cause.  It really makes a difference in how much a person suffers on the street.  It's all suffering anyways, but when a person can get some of their needs met, by way of donation, or what have you, it lessens the burden.

I have slept in a great many places while homeless, mostly in shelters, but in cars, in other people's homes for short periods, in alleyways, in abandoned buildings and not abandoned buildings, but for all I've done, this is now the longest single stretch of cement surfing I've ever done.  I've done it before, here an there but not this many days in a row.  In seven days from now, it will be a full month.  It is do-able.  It would be even more do-able if society cut people some slack and not harassed the non-sheltered homeless so much. The harassment has already been proven ineffective in dealing with homelessness.  Politicians should not let their constituents dictate their agenda so much.


2 comments:

  1. But you are their constituent too! If you vote, and I can't see any reason why you can't, and even if you don't, the politician's job is to represent you. Unfortunately, a lot of politicians do not represent a great number of their constituents anymore. I'm hoping you'll find a softer spot soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I have been , generally , an outdoor sleeper/" cement "-er as a jhomeless person myself .
    I have tended to carry some sort of blanket/a surface ~ When I lived in urban San Francisco I relyed on finding some cardboard , for against-the-concte/becoming to " chill-ised " protection .
    In the Greater Bay Area , carboard is less handy - I have tended to try for a " yoga/homeless " mat , which I have now and am preparing to use again when I as I'm planning become HL again ~ and I have had a series of tarps for upper blankets , covering myself and protecting against rain when there is it but sorta minimal as warmth .

    ReplyDelete